We are committed to supporting carers across Lanarkshire and volunteers are key partners in the success of our organisation supporting all aspects of our work. Their contribution is fundamental to supporting our services and the donation of their time, skills and experience is of invaluable benefit to our staff, board and the carers we support.
Lanarkshire Carers is an Exemplary Carer Positive employer and have achieved the Volunteer Friendly Award. For more information about our vision, values and aims please read About Us.
Why we want you
We are committed to supporting carers across Lanarkshire & volunteers are key partners in the success of our organisation and support all aspects of our work. Your contribution is key to supporting our services & the donation of your time, skills and experience is of invaluable benefit to us and the carers we support.
When we want you
The anticipated commitment would be between 2 and 4 hours per week on a rota basis and the ability to attend 3 x 2.5 hour virtual training sessions.
North Lanarkshire, Airdrie & South Lanarkshire, Hamilton
Flexible working arrangements can be considered.
We are currently working from home in line with Government Guidance. Volunteers would need internet access but all other equipment would be provided.
The skills we need
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Good administrative & IT skills
- Strong verbal & written communication skills
- Able to handle sensitive & confidential information
- Willingness to learn
- Ability to speak an additional language and translate into English for recording purposes
What you will be doing
- Calling carers
- Providing information to carers
- Electronically documenting conversation
- Refer any concerns to Volunteer Development Worker
What's in it for you
- Full training and support
- Regular support & supervision
- The opportunity to build & develop skills
- Valuable work experience to add onto your CV
- Reasonable out-of-pocket expenses
- Make a real difference to the lives of carers
How to apply
If you would like more information or require assistance to complete this application please contact our Volunteer Development Worker on 01698 428090 / 01236 755550.
Volunteer Enquiry Form
Please contact us via our volunteer enquiry form to discuss volunteering with Lanarkshire Carers.