BAME Carer Support
Our BAME Carer Service is a well-established service supporting carers from Black, Asian and Minority Ethnic (BAME) communities including Pakistani, Polish, Chinese, Indian, African and Arab communities.
Our multilingual BAME staff works across Lanarkshire to identify, engage, inform, advise and support carers to access available services. This includes:
- Provision of information, advice, and support in multilingual formats (the current BAME staff team offers support in 5 languages)
- Carer Training provision offered in different languages
- Carers Wellbeing Call service delivered by volunteers in three languages
- On-demand language access in more than 240 languages through spoken interpretation via Language Line and written translation
- Engagement, involvement and representation for BAME carers in local and national forums
- Partnership and collaboration in Lanarkshire, nationally and UK wide
- Awareness-raising, information and cultural events
- Empowering, enabling and tackling inequalities
This is one of very few BAME dedicated services in Scotland and is recognised for best practice amongst Carers Trust network partners, National Carers organisations and wider stakeholders.
We have a dedicated phone line to support carers who speak Urdu, Punjabi or Hindi: 07780926595